Travel requests for trips leaving on or after April 1, 2013 must be submitted to the Committee by the traveler at least 30 days before the departure date.
Click here for help calculating your due date.
You must use the new travel forms below for any trip that departs on or after April 1, 2013.
- For trip sponsors
- For Travelers
- A travel pre-approval request must include both a completed Traveler Form and Primary Trip Sponsor Form, plus any attachments and any required Grantmaking or Non-Grantmaking Sponsor Forms.
- Keep a copy of all information submitted to the Committee for pre-approval because you will need to submit it as part of your post-travel disclosure.
Post-Travel Disclosure Forms
Note: Each traveler must submit a Sponsor Post-Travel Disclosure Form and an Employee or Member Post-Travel Disclosure Form (whichever is appropriate) within 15 days of their return from travel.
- Click here for help calculating the due date for your post-travel disclosure.
- You can access the full text of the Committee's new Travel Regulations, issued December 27, 2012, by clicking the link above.
- The Committee has created a calculator to show the due dates for submission of both travel pre-approval and post-travel disclosure forms. Click here to access the travel calculator.
FGDA travel from a foreign government
- Click here for the form for disclosing travel expenses accepted from a foreign government under the Foreign Gifts & Decorations Act (FGDA). Note that this form should be filed directly with the Ethics Committee in 1015 Longworth, not with the Clerk in the Legislative Resource Center as is required with other post-travel disclosure forms. This form is not required for travel accepted under the Mutual Educational & Cultural Exchange Act (MECEA).