"Senior staff" refers to any employee paid at the senior staff level, which is $131,239 for calendar year 2020. In general, senior staff employees are required to complete two ethics trainings in order to satisfy the Committee's training requirement.
- New senior staff must complete New Employee Ethics Training within 60 days of beginning House employment and complete a second hour of specialized "senior staff" training before the end of the 116th Congress.
- Existing senior staff must complete one hour of General Ethics Training during each calendar year and complete a second hour of specialized "senior" staff training before the end of the 116th Congress.
- Existing employees who start 2020 at a salary below the senior staff rate, but receive a raise such that they become "senior staff" must complete the second hour of specialized "senior staff" training before the end of the 116th Congress
- Senior staff may also take a Financial Disclosure Training for Senior Staff in order to satisfy their second hour of specialized senior staff training during the 116th Congress.
Please check the Ethics Committee's upcoming events to view live webinars for Financial Disclore Training and Senior Staff Ethics training. (Click here to view the Committee's upcoming events)
To access the "116th Congress: Senior Staff Ethics" Training video via the Congressional Staff Academy's website:
- Log on to the Congressional Staff Academy website while connected to the House network.
- When you log in,you will see "Required Training" in the top right corner. Click on "Ethics Training".
- From the available options, Launch the "116th Congress: Senior Staff" video.
- You must click forward and see the confirmation screen in order to complete the course.
- Once completed, you can review your coursework by clicking on the "Learning" tab, then "View My Transcript". Please note that completed trainings may take a few days to post to your transcript.
Note: Senior staff employees who completed a second hour of specialized "senior staff" training during the 115th Congress are required to take an additional hour of specialized "senior staff" training before the end of the 116th Congress.