Statement of the Chair and Ranking Republican Member of the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct
Pursuant to Committee Rule 17 A, the Committee on August 2, 20 I 0, released the Office of Congressional Ethics' report and findings in the Matter of Representative Maxine Waters.
The Chair and Ranking Republican Member, in the interest of transparency and fairness and pursuant to Committee Rule 7(g), are releasing the following documents in the Matter of Representative Maxine Waters:
- Statement of Alleged Violation adopted by the Investigative Subcommittee on June 15, 2010;
- Respondent's Motion for a Bill of Particulars;
- Investigative Subcommittee's Order on Motion for a Bill of Particulars and Memorandum in Support of Order;
- Respondent's Motion to Dismiss; and
- Investigative Subcommittee's Order on Motion to Dismiss and Memorandum in Support of Order.
While the Committee would have been required pursuant to Rule 7(f) to release these documents at a later date, in light of the House calendar, the Chair and Ranking Republican Member have determined it is appropriate to release these materials at this time. Pursuant to Committee Rule 26(b), Representative Waters has waived any objection to the public release of these materials.