All existing employees who are not "new" employees must take one hour of ethics training during calendar year 2023. You can fulfill this requirement by watching the 118th Congress General Ethics 2023 video through the Congressional Staff Academy's website (must be connected to House Network). Staff who earn over the Senior Staff Rate for 2023 must take an additional hour of senior staff training once per Congress (i.e. every 2 years). For more information on the senior staff training requirement, click here.
Note: Both new employees and existing employees will be taking the same 118th Congress General Ethics 2023 course for CY 2023.
To access the General Ethics Training video:
- Log on to the Congressional Staff Academy website while connected to the House network.
- When you log in,you will see "Required Training" in the top right corner. Click on "Ethics Training".
- From the available options, Launch the "118th Congress General Ethics 2023" video.
- You must click forward and see the confirmation screen in order to complete the course.
- Once completed, you can review your coursework by clicking on the "Learning" tab, then "View My Transcript". Please note that completed trainings may take a few days to post to your transcript.